Monday, March 23, 2009

Email from the Set Guy

Here is a post on the email Brian (set guy) sent to Rusty (director) on the update of building the test set.




I know this may look out of order, and there is a very good reason for that. It is. This was one of the internal updates and it was done before the previous posts. I thought you all would like to see it, and it give me something to post until my next installment is ready. Everything after this paragraph is the original post, or atleast most of it. Some names have been changed to protect the guilty and I think I got all the degrading expletives out, if I didn't I'm sorry.

Great news! The test house is 90% complete. When I say "complete" I mean done enough to get it to Rusty before he kills me. I ran into some unexpected problems so I must fly through the rest of it using some thin cardboard and some corugated cardboard. The house will be finished come Heck of high water by Wednesday, so Rusty be prepared then to take this thing off my hands.

In this installment, I will focus on the porch. Rusty I know I made the porch a little too big, that will be corrected for the final. I am going to try to use less, but we'll see how it works out. Enjoy!

Step 1: Plan your attack(3_08a.jpg) Here we see the front of the house, not much to work with here but we'll make it through.









Step 2: Lay down a foundation(3_08b.jpg) We are going to build this porch from the ground up so here we lay the foundation. For test purposes, I used 1in. thick styrofoam. For the final I will probably uses basla wood, but for now foam.

Step 3: The doorway to the other side(3_08c.jpg) This door is really a place holder. The real door will look more of less like it on wider and have two doors in it.

Step 4: The roof(3-08d.jpg) Here I have added the raised parts of the porch in the front, 2 of the supports, the roof, and carved out a step. The raised part was added by request by the director but I'm still not sure what material it should look like it's made out of: wood, stone, etc. Right now they are here for test and concept purposes. We'll figure the details out later.

Step 5: The finishing touches(3_08e.jpg) I added the last two supports and the angles to the roof. I am not sure I entirely like the extra supports so let me know what you think. For the purposes of getting this finished and in to Rusty I will forego putting the shingles on.


No comments:

Post a Comment